Thursday, September 9, 2010

Xmen Fan Expo Nails Did

I think I've mentioned it a couple of times but I love love love comic books and I've been collecting them since I was a little kid with my grandpa. I have around 500 which is pretty good considering I'm a really inconsistent buyer. Every year there is the Fan Expo in Toronto and some big players come out. Its kind of like a mini comic-con. This year the featured people (for me anyway) were James Marsters who played Spike in Buffy and Stan Lee, creator of things like X-Men and Spider-Man.

So of course I was really excited about Stan Lee, and yes it cost $40 for his autograph but I figure he's gonna kick it in another few years since he's already 88 so it was worth it to me! I did X-Men nails for the event using China Glaze Liquid Leather for the base, and red and yellow nail art pens for the symbol. The bad thing was that I never actually got to flash them by Stan as you can see from this picture you were pretty much ushered away as fast as possible and you could never actually stand in front of him since there was a security guard blocking him directly. But other people noticed at least :)

Overall the Fan Expo was good, although waiting in a 1.5 hour line to buy tickets in the hot sun when you're 5 months pregnant I really wouldn't reccomend. Oh and also the prices - I spent soooo much money...BUT I did get little fimo sticks that I can cut down to use on my nails. No idea why those were at Fan Expo but hey, I'll take it. Here were some more pics from the event!

James Marsters from Buffy the Vampire Slayer

One Kick-Ass costume!

I totally laughed at this guy's Old Spice Guy costume

I think she's from World of Warcraft. Either way her costume was really cool but she couldn't talk with those fangs in.

I LOVE Sailor Moon. I don't even care who knows it.

3 comments:

Smoochiefrog said...

James Marsters is still freaking hot. I miss Spike.

CelyFrenchie said...

I do know Sailor Moon x)

Nail Talez said...

Looks like a cool convention!

Related Posts with Thumbnails