Thursday, June 3, 2010

London Calling Nails Did

My friend Amanda celebrated her 30th yesterday! So in honor of that milestone I thought I'd do something that reminds me of her - Union Jack nails! Although Amanda is only British by ancestry (oh admit it you were born here!) whenever I think of Londoners I think of her first for no particular reason :D

So I used Essie Midnight Cami as the base, a nail art pen in white and another in red for the cross lines. Then I topped off the red with China Glaze Ruby Pumps to give it a bit of sparkle!

Oh - so I finally ran out of Seche Vite. That's right. And since I've so far been extremely unsuccessful finding it in Toronto, and since my husband forbid me from buying any more polish online, I decided to take another nail bloggers suggestion and try out Sally Hansen Mega Shine. Oh. My. God. This is a little $7 bottle of shiny, fast-drying topcoat HEAVEN!!!! I can say that its definatly comparable to Seche. It dries super fast and hard in no time. Granted I smudged my thumb a bit, but thats also because I have patience for nothing and probably should have gave the Ruby Pumps another minute or so to settle before topping it. Anyway - I think I've found a new polish love!!

Happy Birthday Amanda!

8 comments:

Alisa said...

Hurray for Sally Hansen! It's my love, better than Seche as far as I'm concerned.

It's often on 25% off at Shoppers so keep your eyes peeled on their flyer.

jo.frougal said...

Congrats on finding a sub that works for you. Great nails, too -- I could never get my lines to go straight and flawless like that.

You nailed it! said...

♥♥♥

Amanda said...

Blimey! These are ace my top toddy! I feel like the bloody Queen, innit? Safe!

Robyn said...

Errr, top coat is not nail polish, ergo, you can buy it online :D

Agnes said...

That looks awesome!

Mae Espiritu Makeup Obra said...

nice.. well done .. =)

Sweet Glow Beauty said...

Haha, so fun!

Related Posts with Thumbnails