Sunday, January 17, 2010

Ga Ga Nails Did

Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga Nails Ga Ga Ga Ga Nails Did Did Did Did. I wanted to put that into the titile field but it was just gonna make my URL too long! Here are my Lady Gaga inspired nails from this picture of her lightning makeup on the right.

So this is inspired from nails seen on the Daily Nail and although I LOVE stars, I've already had them on me a few times, so I decided to go with something a little different.

I used China Glaze's Solar Power as a base, and then layered two coats of Sally Hansen's Xtreme Wear Disco Ball. Then I used Seche Vite Top coat to top it off. Daily Nails swears by Seche Vite, so I thought I'd try it out and I must say - its AMAZING. My nails were dry and good to go in less than 5 min. Usually I have to wait around...sometimes for longer than I'd like to admit not touching anything while waiting for my polish to dry. Anyway, then I cut thunderbolts out of painters tape and stuck them on my nails where I wanted, painted over those with Orly's Matte Vinyl and done!

But wait...why say it in mere words when I can say it in VIDEO. Yea I don't work in TV for nothing peeps. Behold my amazing editing skillz in youtube tutorial video excellence**.




**This is part of a experiment of sort that I'm exploring, after watching many ghetto nail tutorials on youtube I thought "hellz I can do that, where is my windows movie maker!?" et voila. LOL. Awesome.

4 comments:

Brooke said...

I would be happy to add your blog to next Mondays post on New Blogs. Thanks for letting me know about your blog :)

Niki* said...

Whoo! I'm so excited!! Thanks Brooke!

april brooks said...

These are beyond awesome!!!! Great job!

(I found your blog in the comments section of the daily nail in the amour glitter star post, if you like to keep track of that kind of thing.)

Niki* said...

Thank you thank you! And thanks for following too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails